How to use our services
We are open for virtual appointments.
Eligibility to access SLS during Summer 2020:
- Summer enrollment of at least 5 credit hours.
- Fall 2020 enrollment of at least 6 credit hours.
This is a general overview of how to use Student Legal Services. Please follow the steps outlined closely (and on the Schedule an Appointment page) to ensure you receive a prompt response. If you have a legal problem or anticipate one, give it your early attention. Don’t wait until the day before you are to appear in court to come to Student Legal Services.
- Visit the Schedule an Appointment page
- Log in with your University NetID and Password
- Select the intake form which is most appropriate for your issue, or fill in the "General" intake form if you are unsure.
- Complete and submit the intake form. After you submit, you should get a prompt to schedule an appointment; please schedule through this app. If you do not get the prompt, or it prompts you to call or go to the SLS office, please call (217) 333-9053 to schedule.
- Email any relevant documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we are unable to offer same-day appointments. No one will contact you to make an appointment, you must schedule an appointment in order to speak with an attorney.
- Log into the SLS intake/appointment site to schedule a follow up appointment. Please do not submit a new intake for a follow-up appointment.
- For Zoom appointments, make sure your audio and video are on and working.