Legal/Court Forms

Main Content

Student Legal Service Forms

Waiver of Confidentiality

This form will allow your Student Legal Service attorney to speak with a parent or other person if you so wish. Please read it carefully, and do not sign it until you are in the presence of a Notary Public and they tell you it is okay to sign.

Champaign County Circuit Court Forms


Expungement forms packets A-E and an instruction packet are available on the Circuit Clerk’s website at Read the instructions packet to find out which Expungement Packet - A, B, C, D, or E – you should download and fill out.

Dissolution of Marriage/Divorce

Student Legal Service does not handle divorces; however, the attorneys can advise you generally about the process and assist you in filling out forms if you qualify for a Joint Simplified Dissolution of Marriage.

If you do qualify, apropriate forms are available on Champaign County Circuit Clerk website at

Changing Your Name

Please read our brochure Want to change your name? (pdf). If you want Student Legal Service to handle it for you, please go to the link "Schedule an Appointment / Intake Forms" and fill out the intake form "Name Change". After submitting it, please come in to the SLS office, 324 Illini Union, to set up an appointment to meet with an attorney.

The current cost to file a Petition for Name Change is $215.00 (Spring 2012). Your other cost will be placing an ad in a newspaper of general circulation, for example The News Gazette in Champaign. The cost is approximately $70.00 at this time.

If you are not a current student at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or you prefer to do it on your own, here are forms you can use:

Application for Fee Waiver

An application for a fee waiver may be filed within the Champaign County Circuit Clerk for those who are unable to proceed in action without payment of fees, costs, and charges, and payment of those charges by the person in question would result in substantial hardship.