Digital Signage Posting Policies & Requirements
Digital Signage Posting Policies
The Office of the Dean of Students (ODOS) and Student Success & Engagement (SSE) Communications & Marketing staff is responsible for ad placement on the digital signage displays in the Turner Student Services Building (located in the main entrance lobby and first floor elevator area) and the Student Services Arcade Building.
Ad submissions are prioritized as follows:
- Emergency public announcements
- ODOS/SSE units’ events, activities, announcements, and promotions
- Other Student Affairs and University units as space permits
Other Student Affairs and University units are allowed to submit ads for display in the rotation if:
- space permits; and
- the ad is relevant and open to all students at the U of I.
Additional policies include:
- Ads may be refused at the discretion of the ODOS/SSE staff if they contain inappropriate material and/or advertising for products or businesses. Examples of inappropriate materials include alcohol or alcohol-related functions, sexual content, racist/religious remarks, etc.
- Ads are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Ads run in a rotation and are displayed for approximately 8-10 seconds at a time.
- Ads may be posted no more than ten (10) school days prior to an event date being advertised.
- Ads will be displayed for no more than a maximum of three (3) calendar weeks.
- Ads from organizations not affiliated with the University of Illinois will not be accepted.
Requirements for Submitting an Ad
To request ad placement, please complete the online request form.
- All requests and artwork files must be submitted at least five (5) business days prior to the desired posting date.
- Artwork should be sized to 1920 pixels x 1080 pixels and saved as either a jpg or png file.
- The accuracy of posted info is the responsibility of the person, group, or unit submitting the content.