Principles & Practice
- We will model respectful dissent and appreciation for individuality while also promoting social justice, a welcoming environment and acceptance of all differences that make us unique.
- We will practice open and transparent communication.
- We will act in alignment with the university’s mission and values.
- We will collaborate with stakeholders to create opportunities for student success.
- We will increase and share our knowledge and expertise about campus resources and best practices.
- We will strive to be innovative and improve all aspects of our work through evidence-based practice.
- We will strive to provide high quality, value-added services and educational programs.
- We will distinguish ourselves by staying abreast of issues and trends affecting higher education.
- We will empower and inspire students and colleagues to create an environment for learning and leadership growth.
- We will continue to provide opportunities for students to be active and responsible members of the campus and global community.
ODOS practice will be guided by values of:
- Inclusion – individuality; social justice; diversity; respect; dissent
- Ethical Behavior and Accountability – fairness; doing what’s right; responsibility; doing no harm; stewardship
- Collaboration – cooperation; collegiality; intentionality; resources
- Excellence – innovation and continuous improvement; reliable, prepared and informed
- Leadership – initiative; role-model; goal oriented/driven; empower others; inspiration
- Service – attitude; betterment of others; working toward common good; support; contribution