Apply to be an Orientation Leader!
What is an Orientation Leader (OL)?
An Orientation Leader is a University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana undergraduate student that implements orientation programming for new students, transfer students, and family members. OLs assist with various NSP events RISE, INBOUND, International Student Orientation, Fall Orientation/Welcome Days.
What you need to be an Orientation Leader?
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Good academic and disciplinary standing with the University
- Hold Full time undergraduate student status (12 credit hours) for the academic year current Fall Semester to next Fall Semester
- Knowledgeable about the University of Illinois
- Have a desire to help new students have a successful transition
What you will gain from the OL Experience?
- Transferable skills
- Relationships with new student and peers
- Exposure to various departments on campus
- Leadership development
- A fun experience!
What you will do through the OL Experience?
- Welcome new students to the University of Illinois
- Provide new students with information and resources on campus
- Interact with news students through group activities
How to Apply
Learn more about the OL position by attending an OL Information Session held during the Fall 2018 semester.
- Thursday, October 12 (5 pm) at Noyes 100
- Wednesday, October 18 (6 pm) at La Casa Cultural Latina
- Monday, October 23 (5:30 pm) at Lincoln Hall 1000
You can also connect with us at our NSP table on Quad Day at the beginning of the Fall semester and at various tabling events!
The application process occurs during Fall semester and consists of an online application and group interviews.
The OL 2018 application is due Wednesday, November 1 by 5 pm. Please review the OL information packet (pdf) to learn about the application process.
Upon completion of your application, you will receive a confirmation email to sign-up for your Group Interview session. Please complete this prior to Wednesday, November 1 by 5 pm. You will be notified of your session and location by Friday, November 10.Apply Now Nominate Someone Now
If you are interested in being an OL and cannot attend an information session, please email New Student Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.