Become an Illini Transfer Ambassador!
What is an Illini Transfer Ambassador (ITA)?
An Illini Transfer Ambassador (ITA) is a University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana undergraduate transfer student that plans and implements orientation programming for new transfer students. ITA’s assist, advise, and support NSP with various events such as Fall and Spring Transfer Orientations, G.R.I.T. Overnight Camp, social events and service programs.
What you need to be an Illini Transfer Ambassador (ITA)?
- Be a transfer student
- Have a positive attitude, be flexible, and desire to help others
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher to apply
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
- Be a full time undergraduate student
- Must be available for weekly ITA’s meetings on Tuesdays, 7-9 pm, starting March 7
- Must complete all application requirements and attend interview
What you will gain from the ITA Experience?
- Relationships with new transfer student and peers
- Exposure all aspects of program planning: preparation, marketing, publicity, execution, etc.
- Leadership and public speaking development
- A fun experience!
What you will do through the ITA Experience?
- Welcome new transfer students to the University of Illinois
- Provide new transfer students with information and resources on campus
- Advise New Student Programs with the future of the Illinois Transfer Experience
- Plan and execute orientation programs including Fall and Spring orientations, G.R.I.T. Extended Camp, service programs, recruitment, and social events
How to Apply
Learn more about the ITA position by attending an ITA Information Session:
- Tuesday, January 31 at 7 pm, SDRP Multipurpose Room 2003
- Wednesday, February 8 at 7 pm, Lincoln Hall Room 1051
The ITA 2017 application is due Monday, February 13 by 5 pm. Please review the ITA information packet (pdf) to learn about the application process.
After the application closes, you will receive an email to sign up for a Group Interview session. Below are the options:
- February 23, 2017
- February 25, 2017
You will be notified of your session, time and location by Monday, February 20.Apply Now