Become an Illini Transfer Ambassador!
What is an Illini Transfer Ambassador (ITA)?
An Illini Transfer Ambassador (ITA) is a University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana undergraduate transfer student that plans and implements orientation programming for new transfer students. ITAs assist, advise, and support NSP with various events such as Fall and Spring Transfer Orientations, G.R.I.T. Overnight Camp, social events and service programs.
What you need to be an Illini Transfer Ambassador (ITA)?
- Be a transfer student
- Have a positive attitude, be flexible, and desire to help others
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher to apply
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
- Be a full time undergraduate student
- Must be available for weekly ITAs meetings starting Wednesday, March 28 from 6-8 pm
- Must complete all application requirements and attend interview
What you will gain from the ITA Experience?
- Relationships with new transfer student and peers
- Exposure all aspects of program planning: preparation, marketing, publicity, execution, etc.
- Leadership and public speaking development
- A fun experience!
What you will do through the ITA Experience?
- Welcome new transfer students to the University of Illinois
- Provide new transfer students with information and resources on campus
- Advise New Student Programs with the future of the Illinois Transfer Experience
- Plan and execute orientation programs including Fall and Spring orientations, G.R.I.T. Extended Camp, service programs, recruitment, and social events
How to Apply
Learn more about the ITA position by attending an ITA information session:
- Tuesday, January 30 at 6 pm, Wohlers 130
- Thursday, February 15 at 7 pm, Bevier 328
The ITA 2018 application is due Friday, February 16 by 11:59 pm. Please review the ITA information packet (doc) to learn about the application process.
Interviews are Wednesday, February 21 at 6 pm. A confirmation email will be sent to candidates no later than 8 pm on Monday, February 19 providing the location.Apply Now